As the social enterprise of The Cara Program, Cleanslate provides meaningful training opportunities for individuals seeking to develop their skills so they may secure and sustain permanent employment. In order to enroll in an internsthip at Cleanslate, an individual must first go through the foundational training at The Cara Program. The process for referring someone to The Cara Program is very simple.
Assess if you (or, for our referral partners, the individual you serve) fit(s) our admission criteria:
Homeless and/or at-risk
Able to work (i.e. have access to stable child care, possess all appropriate identification for employment)
Motivated and able to demonstrate a desire to return to a life of self-sufficiency
If you (or your candidate) meet(s) the above criteria, then please have a referral faxed on your behalf (or, fax a referral) to 312-382-0268, attention: Admissions. The referral must be on the referring entity’s letterhead. Please include the name of the individual being referred as well as the contact information of the party making the referral (name, organization, and phone number).
Once the fax has been sent, call (or, have the candidate call) us at 312-798-3309 and select option 5.
The candidate will participate in a one-on-one interview with a staff member at The Cara Program and complete an application.
The candidate must complete and pass a drug test. An assessment of readiness will be made after the initial meetings and when the drug test results are received. Individuals who are accepted into The Cara Program will be contacted within one to two weeks of their last appointment, and will be scheduled for the next available training class.
Our Supporters and Customers
- Engineered Glass Products
- Armitage Baptist Church
- Calumet Area Industrial Commission
- Ravenswood Community Council
- Six Corners Association
- River North Businesses
- Various Private Groupon Customers
- 180° Property Services
- John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County
- Illinois Medical District Guest House
- Little Village Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Medical District
- Chicago Neighborhood Initiatives
- SSA #32, Greater Auburn Gresham Development Corporation
- SSA #42, South Shore Chamber Inc.
- SSA #29, West Town Chamber of Commerce
- SSA #33, Wicker Park Bucktown Chamber of Commerce
- SSA #35, Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce
- SSA #34, Uptown United
- Department of General Services – City of Chicago
- Deborah’s Place
- The Admiral at the Lake
- The Community Builders
- The Habitat Company
- Big Buzz Entertainment Group – Chicago RibFest
- 57th St. Children’s Book Fair
- Pitchfork Music Festival