The Cara Program was thrilled to present Walmart with the Good Neighbor Award at the seventeenth annual Tribute to the Stars luncheon on June 12, 2012. Walmart...
As The Cara Program's Vice President of Finance and Administration, wielding pruning shears is not part of Carla Denison-Bickett's daily routine. That didn't stop her from...
Independent evaluator Nonprofit Investor (NPI) (http://nonprofitinvestor.org) recently released a report analyzing The Cara Program and we are thrilled to share that the...
Can social enterprise and nonprofits play nicely? Logan Quan, Cleanslate’s Manager of Business Administration, argues the two can make a happy marriage – and learn from...
In October 2011, Cleanslate was featured as No Margin, No Mission's Social Enterprise of the month. Cleanslate was recognized for its track record of proven outcomes and...
The Cara Program is thrilled to share that Eric Weinheimer, President & CEO, has been recognized for excellence in leadership by two prominent Chicago institutions:...
In late 2009, the success of The Cara Program’s social enterprise, Cleanslate, created the opportunity for us to launch a new joint venture social enterprise with Mercy...
Unfortunately, Chicago is no stranger to violence. In fact, in November 2010, two Cleanslate interns (Field Service Representatives) witnessed a mid-morning shooting...
With an increasing number of foreclosed homes falling into neglect and a growing number of unemployed Chicagoans, Mercy...
The building at 7721 S. Carpenter St. had been vacant for months. The lawn and bushes were overgrown. Some boards had...
Our Supporters and Customers
- Engineered Glass Products
- Armitage Baptist Church
- Calumet Area Industrial Commission
- Ravenswood Community Council
- Six Corners Association
- River North Businesses
- Various Private Groupon Customers
- 180° Property Services
- John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County
- Illinois Medical District Guest House
- Little Village Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Medical District
- Chicago Neighborhood Initiatives
- SSA #32, Greater Auburn Gresham Development Corporation
- SSA #42, South Shore Chamber Inc.
- SSA #29, West Town Chamber of Commerce
- SSA #33, Wicker Park Bucktown Chamber of Commerce
- SSA #35, Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce
- SSA #34, Uptown United
- Department of General Services – City of Chicago
- Deborah’s Place
- The Admiral at the Lake
- The Community Builders
- The Habitat Company
- Big Buzz Entertainment Group – Chicago RibFest
- 57th St. Children’s Book Fair
- Pitchfork Music Festival