Consider a Financial Gift**For a limited time, Celebrate Cleanslate's 8th Birthday by purchasing a Cleanslate t-shirt! Click here for the order form (only checks accepted).
Cleanslate relies on the generosity of concerned individuals to continue empowering individuals to build critical job skills, while providing much-needed community revitalization to so many of Chicago's neighborhoods. We would greatly appreciate any consideration you can give in support of our mission.
All donations should be made payable to our parent organization, The Cara Program.
To donate online with a credit card, please click 'Donate Now' below.
- Click here to Donate Now online or call 312-798-3303
- Donations can also be mailed to:
The Cara Program
237 S. Desplaines
Chicago, IL 60661
- Here are just a few ways your donation will support our students
$50 will provide a Cara student with an interview-ready suit.
$150 will provide a Cara student with a vision or dental check-up.
$500 will provide a matched savings for one employed Cara mom for five months.
- Click here for a few examples that illustrate the type of impact each gift can have.
- To schedule recurring donations, please see our Sustaining Member Program below.
Sustaining Member Program
Please consider joining our Sustaining Member Program with a recurring donation. By participating, you can spread your charitable giving throughout the year and help The Cara Program allocate our resources to best meet our students' needs. Please click here to read more information about this program. Or to sign up, please visit our donation page and choose to make a quarterly, monthly, or annual gift to The Cara Program.
Matching Gifts Program
You may be able to double or even triple your gift to The Cara Program through your employer’s matching gifts program. Please check this partial list of companies that have matching gifts program or contact your personnel office to see if you can take advantage of such an opportunity. Your company's program may not be included on this list, so if you don't see your company, please reach out to your benefits or human resources contact to inquire.
Remembering The Cara Program in Your Estate or Individual Retirement Account
The Cara Program would be honored to accept gifts from your will, life insurance policy, or retirement plans. If you would like to remember The Cara Program by making a gift of a specific dollar amount or percentage of your total estate, simply state this in your will. Example: “I give to The Cara Program, an Illinois not-for-profit organization located in Chicago, (sum or percentage of residual estate) to be spent for its general purposes.”
To leave a donation through your life insurance policy or retirement plans, please contact the administrator of those funds and ask for a change of beneficiary form. Of course, please first check with your financial or legal advisor to see what is best for you before making a bequest.
If you are planning to leave such a gift, we would be grateful to know of your choice so that we may take the opportunity to more closely share with you our program’s growth over the years. If this is of interest to you, or if would like more information, please contact Julie (Hasel) Hoffmann, Director of Development, at (312) 798-3327.
Clean Out Your Closet
To donate professional clothing, please bring your donations to our office at 237 S. Desplaines, Chicago, IL 60661. We can accept clothing donations, Monday - Friday, between 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please contact Leslie Coulter at (312) 798-3340 if you have any questions.
Our most needed items are gently used, clean, interview-ready business attire, including:
- Suits (accepted colors: black, grey, brown, dark/ navy blue)
- Blazers or Jackets
- Dress Shirts/ Blouses
- Dress Pants
- Socks or Hosiery (new only please!)
Leveraging Community Resources
The Cara Program is proud to partner with Investing in Communities (IIC). By empowering individuals and businesses to become philanthropists, IIC inspires the public to actively learn about and engage with nonprofits. Currently, IIC leverages resources from real estate transactions to generate unrestricted funding for nonprofit organizations making a difference in their communities. For more information, please visit www.iiconline.org
Our Supporters and Customers
- Engineered Glass Products
- Armitage Baptist Church
- Calumet Area Industrial Commission
- Ravenswood Community Council
- Six Corners Association
- River North Businesses
- Various Private Groupon Customers
- 180° Property Services
- John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County
- Illinois Medical District Guest House
- Little Village Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Medical District
- Chicago Neighborhood Initiatives
- SSA #32, Greater Auburn Gresham Development Corporation
- SSA #42, South Shore Chamber Inc.
- SSA #29, West Town Chamber of Commerce
- SSA #33, Wicker Park Bucktown Chamber of Commerce
- SSA #35, Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce
- SSA #34, Uptown United
- Department of General Services – City of Chicago
- Deborah’s Place
- The Admiral at the Lake
- The Community Builders
- The Habitat Company
- Big Buzz Entertainment Group – Chicago RibFest
- 57th St. Children’s Book Fair
- Pitchfork Music Festival