Cleanslate was founded on the principles of 'fast and friendly' service, community and vitality.
Launched in June of 2005 by The Cara Program, Cleanslate - a multi-million dollar (and growing) social enterprise, was born out of a collaboration between Cara staff and a Goldman Sachs managing director who spent one year with us as a probono executive on loan. His year was sponsored by an inaugural Goldman Sachs fellowship program designed to connect top-producing leadership with innovative social purpose organizations. Cleanslate's aspiration is to provide an ordinary service (litter abatement, light landscaping, snow removal) in an extraordinary way, so that all Chicago neighborhoods - from Uptown to South Shore to many communities in between - can take pride in the safety, revitalization, and vibrancy that is created through clean streetscapes serviced by fast, friendly and engaging individuals.
Click here for a brief overview of what we do.
Our Supporters and Customers
- Engineered Glass Products
- Armitage Baptist Church
- Calumet Area Industrial Commission
- Ravenswood Community Council
- Six Corners Association
- River North Businesses
- Various Private Groupon Customers
- John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County
- Illinois Medical District Guest House
- Little Village Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Medical District
- Chicago Neighborhood Initiatives
- SSA #32, Greater Auburn Gresham Development Corporation
- SSA #42, South Shore Chamber Inc.
- SSA #29, West Town Chamber of Commerce
- SSA #33, Wicker Park Bucktown Chamber of Commerce
- SSA #35, Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce
- SSA #34, Uptown United
- Department of General Services – City of Chicago
- Deborah’s Place
- The Admiral at the Lake
- The Community Builders
- The Habitat Company
- Big Buzz Entertainment Group – Chicago RibFest
- 57th St. Children’s Book Fair
- Pitchfork Music Festival